Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pixie [03 September 2006 - 26 February 2006]

you left me suddenly today.
your last squeak was so weak, i could hardly hear.
i know you have been a fighter.
i know you were suffering.
maybe it was better for you to go.
now that you are gone,
your presence will always linger in my memory.


pixie left me after dinner today. approximately after 8, right after her last feed. i brought her to the vet today which diagnosed that she had a tumor and an infection due to old age. she had an antibiotics jab and is due for a review on sunday, and an operation a week later. appointments are all made, and i was sure she could get well.

but she grew weaker by nite. can't even walk or move. refused to eat, which broke my heart. tubby came and stroked her, but she can't seem to respond either.
i couldn't hold back my tears. she gave me so much memories.

2 days after she was brought home.

new cage with tubby.

my greedy mouse.

pre-pregnancy.

the protective mother.

post-pregnancy. quarantine from tubby.

after pregnancy.

approx 1 year old.

sleepyhead.

kenna caught.

pixie, mummy will always love you.

dear: thank you for being here with me through this very emotional and rough period which i had to go through. you know how much she meant to me. thank you for putting aside your work and accompanying me to the vet even though you are so very busy, for helping me feed pixie medicine, for digging the soil for pixie's burial, for catching my falling tears and for giving me warm, comforting hugs.

its been a long day.