Sunday, November 07, 2010

6 Days

its exactly 6 days to getting myself a hubby, and being someone else's wife. if i said i wasn't being jittery, i would be kidding myself totally. i asked dear if he felt jittery, scared or excited, he felt neither. he said "wads there to be scared about?" haa. yeah, that's true. its a happy occassion. perhaps, its becos i'm a girl. afterall, you'd be taking someone else's surname, earn yourself, another set of parents, and family members.

yes, i know, i'm just being paranoid, cos its just ROM. its not even the traditional wedding. but to me, the ROM mattered more than anything else, becos its the "legal thing". having the traditional wedding is nothing more than just a tradition to me. in any case, if something happened to me after our marriage, here, mr eng weiqin, would be my legally wedded husband. i always asked mummy and dear why the traditional wedding mattered more to people. and they always answer me with the same answer. mummy would say "ya la... i also dunno." and dear would simply tell me, sadly but true, "becos you are chinese."

i hate it when people ask me"why get ROM now? why don't do it together with the traditional wedding?" need i give you an answer? we get married because we are in love. its that simple. dun come bugging me for an answer. and yes, our house will not be ready by 2012 and yes, we will still be living apart. but so what? we are already ready to be man and wife. and no one knows better us. who says husband and wife must live together? dun be such a nag.

still, thank you dear for making everything possible. literally everything.
looking forward to life after 13 november.